Relax on the stoep at Old Cottage. Let your eyes rest on the birds on the water of the lake in front of you, and let your mind wander where it will...
Read the visitor’s book in quirky, comfy Old Cottage - our restored labourer’s cottage - and you’ll see: our guests fall in love with this old girl every time.
- “The best peaceful getaway ever!”
- “Cute, interesting, friendly” “
- Sweetest little cottage.”
- 3 Bedrooms - two with double beds, one with four single beds. There’s an additional double sleeper couch in the lounge, so the house sleeps a maximum of ten. The cottage is also equipped with a cot for tiny babies, and additional bunk beds if you’re bringing loads of kids.
- 3 Bathrooms - two have showers, and our new bathroom (added 2016) has a shower and a bath
- Lounge - a fireplace, a library, and cupboard full of games (perfect for a long, quiet evening, or for snuggling in on a rainy, wintery day)
- Kitchen - very well equipped for cooking; cutlery and crockery for eight or more people
- Dining room
- Covered patio with braai area and outdoor dining table
- We're now off the grid - so no hairdryers, please...
- Fresh linen and towels are provided - and we’ll freshen them up if you’re staying longer than a week.
- We want you to enjoy your privacy, so we don’t provide cleaning services during your stay - but we can arrange them at a fee.
- Firewood and braai-wood are supplied free of charge
- Fresh farm milk and eggs are available on site.
- We suggest you bring the bulk of your groceries with you, but the Ruiterbos Farm Stall - 8 km from Blommekloof - carries a range of basic supplies. It’s a general dealer, craft market and restaurant with pizzeria.
- Well behaved dogs, cats, parrots, goldfish - everyone’s welcome here at Blommekloof, but please contact us before you arrive to discuss your furry friend’s requirements. (And yes, we do have our own farm dogs - two friendly Ridgebacks and a little Jack Russell).
- Old Cottage is surrounded by a low fence (1.2 metres).
- From R 300.00 per person per night for up to 4 people; add R 200.00 per person per night for the 5th person and for additional people.
- Prices may change - please go here for rates on the nights of your choice.
- Minimum booking 2 nights.