We’re Claude Watson and Ali Coetzee and all our furry and feathered friends. Here to provide you with comfortable country accommodation in our cottage in the mountains.
We (Ali Coetzee, Claude Watson) are developing Blommekloof Farm slowly, thoughtfully, minimally - because we dream of a peaceful haven that’s earth-friendly (we're off the grid!), guest-friendly, child-friendly, and pet-friendly.
- Blommekloof is situated in the Leeukloof, a wonderfully beautiful valley near Ruiterbos, in the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains, just off the R328 national road between Mossel Bay and Oudtshoorn.
- Please go here for detailed directions and maps.
- We offer self-catering accommodation at reasonable prices in our modern, solar-powered Sunflower Cottage (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4)
- We also have extra beds available - so we can jiggle and juggle to accommodate larger groups of friends, or families with loads of kids.
- We’re pet-friendly and child-friendly. There’s more information on our Accommodation page.
- Blommekloof is all about relaxing and rejuvenating. However, if you insist on getting up and about, our cottages are situated in one of Africa’s most active playgrounds: the Garden Route and Klein Karoo (Little Karoo).
- On the farm you’ll find birding, fishing, animals to befriend, and plenty of time to stare into the distance.
- Mossel Bay - on the Garden Route (Southern) side of the Outeniqua Mountains - is a harbour town and holiday town famous for its beaches, adrenalin activities, game reserves with guided game watching safaris, tandem sky diving, scuba diving, and cultural attractions (Post Office Tree and the replica of Dias’ ship or caravel at the Bartolomeu Dias Museum Complex; the Point of Human Origins Experience, etc.)
- Oudtshoorn - on the Klein Karoo (Little Karoo - northern) side of the Outeniqua Mountains is the world’s ostrich capital. Visit a working ostrich farm, follow the local wine route, or explore Africa’s most famous underground experience - the Cango Caves.
- Day trips to Vic Bay for surfing, or to the wonderful Saturday morning markets in George (Outeniqua Farmer’s Market) or Sedgefield (Wild Oats Community Market) - just a hop and a skip away from Blommekloof if you travel the back road past Bottelierskop