We built Sunflower Cottage for the planet - and for you. It’s solar powered, eco-friendly, madly comfortable, and fully equipped. You’ll want to stay forever.
Sunflower Cottage was designed to capture the spirit of the Cape, and the energy of the sun. With a large, open-plan living area and a wide, covered patio, it’s a comfortable, practical house where you’ll relax completely.
- 2 bedrooms - one with a double bed (you’ll go nuts for the brass headboards), and one with two single beds. (We can also move in a double bed or bunk beds on request.)
- 1 bathroom with bath and shower.
- Open-plan living and lounge area with wood-burning fireplace.
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining area with crockery and cutlery for 4 or more people, and gas-powered stove.
- Covered patio with braai area.
- We're now off the grid - so no hairdryers, please...
- Fresh linen and towels are provided - and we’ll freshen them up if you’re staying longer than a week.
- We want you to enjoy your privacy, so we don’t provide cleaning services during your stay - but we can arrange them at a fee.
- Firewood and braai-wood are supplied free of charge.
- Fresh farm milk and eggs are available on site.
- We suggest you bring the bulk of your groceries with you, but the Ruiterbos Farm Stall - 8 km from Blommekloof - carries a range of basic supplies. It’s a general dealer, craft market and restaurant with pizzeria.
- Well behaved dogs, cats, parrots, goldfish - everyone’s welcome here at Blommekloof, but please contact us before you arrive to discuss your furry friend’s requirements. (And yes, we do have our own farm dogs - two friendly Ridgebacks and a little Jack Russell).
- Sunflower Cottage is surrounded by a low fence (1.2 metres).
- From R 300.00 per person per night for 2 people; add R 200.00 per person per night for the 3rd person and for additional people.
- Prices may change - please go here for rates on the nights of your choice.
- Minimum booking 2 nights.